Ngee Ann Primary School has its roots in 1940. That year, the Ngee Ann Kongsi's Board of Directors which comprised the late Mr Lee Wee Nam, the late Mr Yeo Chan Boon, the late Mr Lim Kim Seng and a few other members set up a girls' school in a bungalow owned by a Kongsi member at River Valley Road, opposite what is now the AA building. It was named Ngee Ann Girls' School, the first Chinese girls' school in Singapore. In 1967, it started accepting male pupils and refocused its activities to become a primary school.
In 1980, it took on its current name. In 1982, the school relocated to its current premises at Marine Parade. It was officially opened on 30 March 1984 by the Marine Parade MP, Mr Goh Chok Tong, who was then the Minister of Defence and Second Minister for Health.
With the increasing pupil enrolment of more than 1800, the premises and facilities became inadequate. Hence, in order to meet the demands and challenges of the new millennium, the MInistry of Education decided to demolish the building and rebuild a new one on-site. The school then moved to a holding school at Tanjong Katong Road in December 1998.
The new Ngee Ann Primary School building henceforth was ready by November 2000. With much anticipation, the school finally moved back to Marine Parade in December 2000.
visitors since 19/05/2006
Last Updated on 24/9/2012
Website is best viewed in Internet Explorer at a resolution of 1024 x 768
Ngee Ann Primary Open House 2013 10 July 2013 (Wed), 2:30 to 4 pm Please contact General Office at 6441 8677 for registration. Thank You.
Letter To Parents For Term 2 Holistic Assessment and Semestral Assessment have been uploaded! Please click the links below to access it according to level or refer to ForParents > Communication to Parents > Letter to Parents (updated on 12 April 2013)